For students in grades K-8
Home Based Online Learning with onsite classes
This is a teacher-supported, home-based educational program for fully enrolled students with one full day of on-site classes per week. This program meets the BC Ministry of Education curricular requirements for completion of grades K-8. Students receive a regular report card.
For 2022-2023, Abbotsford Virtual School will continue to offer online learning with a blended learning version of one full day onsite per week. Students in the K-8 Blended Learning Program work primarily at home with support available from their AVS teacher and a complete curriculum provided to them. They attend one teacher-led day of class per week. There is no charge for this program.*
One day per week onsite class option:
- Onsite Classes are taught by our teachers to enrich and engage learners with STEAM and other activities.
- Classes will be a full day on Wednesdays
- Each full day will start at 9 am and end at 2 pm and have 4.25 hours of instructional time.
- Classes have a maximum of 20 students.
- Teachers will have more time for ongoing assessment and direct support in partnership with parents.
- Students have fun learning opportunities with other students in group settings.
- Home-based Learners Program (1 Day On-site) Flexible, supported, customized learning!