Registered Home Schooling
Abbotsford Virtual School acts as a location for registration for homeschooled children in our community.
Please note the differences between registered Homeschooled Children and those enrolled in the Online Learning program:
- Students can be registered as homeschooled children within the school district where they reside, either a public, francophone or independent school.
- Homeschooled children's educational program is the responsibility of the parents or guardians.
- The educational program is directed and supervised by the parent.
- Homeschooled children do not have to meet provincial standards
- They are not inspected by the Ministry of Education.
- Homeschooled children do not receive a British Columbia Dogwood graduation certificate.
- Homeschooled children may write Grade 12 provincial examinations at their registering school and receive a Ministry examination mark (not course).
You can visit the Ministry of Education website for further information on Distributed Learning and the differences with Homeschooling programs.