The FUSION program offers a blended learning environment incorporating the benefits of onsite instruction and classroom structure with the flexibility of online courses. This unique learning approach will provide students with essential tools for our ever-changing world. Open to fully enrolled Grade 6-12 students, FUSION is a blend of online-based studies with two days a week in a teacher led classroom setting.
- Online courses in Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English, PHE, Technology, Languages
- A team of dedicated teachers working in a technology-rich environment
- Two days of on-site instruction per week throughout the school year (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Small class sizes (maximum of 20 students)
- Hands-on learning & technology-supported
- Optimal project-based learning that reflects the new BC Curriculum
- Students must have their own laptop
- Must be committed to attending all on-site classes and field trips
- Demonstrated interest in technology such as virtual reality, coding, littleBits, 3D printing, robotics
- Academically motivated and work well independently
- Must be able to create, communicate and collaborate in group settings
- Capable of working in a flexible multi-grade learning environment
- Ability to maintain effective daily schedule for learning in the home environment
- Active participation in an extracurricular physical activity and arts program
There are no fees for students.
Registration is currently open. Space is limited to a maximum of 20 students and an interview may be required for acceptance.
And to pass along some more feedback: our son has been absolutely THRILLED since moving to AVS. We knew he was not getting what he needed in a traditional classroom setting but we didn’t want to do all his schooling at home. The blended learning approach - which makes things SO much easier for our home-based teaching team - is the perfect fit for us. It’s the best of public school and the best of a custom-fit learning environment for our son. We are so happy! Thank you!