International students can REGISTER for our Grade 10-12 online courses. A course fee of $1,100.00 per course is due before the course begins. Adult students must also provide a valid study permit before the start of their course. This be attached to the registration form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. School aged students may be asked to provide a parents work permit or a student study permit.
The course fee can be paid online with a credit card* at the following link, after registration
Please email confirmation of payment to email@example.com after making the payment so that we can process your registration.
Alternatively, this fee can be paid for at our office at 33952 Pine Street, Abbotsford, by Debit/Credit card*, cash or check.
*If paying by credit card: You may need to contact your credit card provider to make sure that the daily limit, and single transaction limit on your credit card is $1100.00 CAN, or higher, before contacting AVS to make the payment or the transaction may not go through, even if there is over $1100.00 in credit available on the card. Please contact us at 604-859-9803 if you have any questions.
Detailed information about adult and school aged registration, requesting a letter of acceptance, and refund polices are listed below.
Who is an adult?
- An adult is defined by the Ministry of Education as a person who will be 19 or older on July 1 of the current school year. These students are adults for the entire school year, even while they are 19. The school year runs from July 1, 2023- June 30, 2024.
- A student is defined as school aged if they will be 19 or younger on June 30 of the current school year. They are school aged for the entire school year, even after they turn 19. The school year runs from July 1, 2023- June 30, 2024.
Registration steps for International adults without study permits or who are requesting a letter of acceptance from AVS:
Step One: Register online and provide student identification and proof of a BC address, as described on the registration form. https://abbyvirtual.com/registration/
Step Two: Pay the Adult International Student course fee of $1,100.00, per course to AVS by credit card, debit card, cheque or cash.
Step Three: Request a letter of acceptance for the requested course(s) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that steps One and Two are complete. You will then be contacted to pick up your letter of acceptance upon completion.
Step Four: Apply for your study permit. AVS will not advise students about Federal Immigration policy and application procedures. It is the student's responsibility to complete the study permit application process and do any required research as to what is required by Immigration Canada.
Step Five: Provide a copy of your approved study permit to AVS when you receive it in person, or by emailing a scan of the original to email@example.com.
Step 6: Once a copy of your valid study permit has been provided to AVS, your course login information will be emailed to you, and you may start your course at the next available start date.
Refund Policy for international students who do not require a letter of acceptance
If a student (who had a valid study permit at time of registration/payment), requests a withdrawal from an AVS course the following refund policy applies:
- 100% refund of course fee, if withdrawal is requested within 48 hours of being sent login information to start their course(s)
- 75% refund of course fees, if withdrawal is requested within 7 days of being sent login information to start their course(s)
- 50% refund of course fees, if withdrawal is requested within 30 days of being sent login information to start their course(s)
- No refund of course fees, if withdrawal is requested 30 days or more after the student is sent login information to start their course(s)
Refund policy for international students who have been provided a letter of acceptance from AVS
- Once a Letter of Acceptance has been provided by AVS, a full refund will not be issued, unless the study permit is denied. If the study permit is denied, students can request a full refund of the course fee of $1,100.00 per course within one year of the date that they received the Letter of Acceptance. Official proof of the study permit denial must be provided to AVS.
- If the study permit is not denied and the student withdraws for another reason, before starting the course, they can request a partial refund of 75% of the course fee by submitting a written statement to AVS explaining why they no longer need the course, within one year of the date that they received the Letter of Acceptance.
- After a student is placed in the course(s), they can request a partial refund of 50% of the course fee if they withdraw from the course within thirty days from the date that they were placed in the course.
- If a student is placed in a course and is later withdrawn by AVS/their teacher for inactivity no refund will be issued.
- Disclaimer: These policies are subject to periodic review by the International Department and SBO and are applicable to particular students/situations only. Registrations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and students will be advised of what policies or requirements apply to their set of circumstances.